Cow Creek Umpqua Indian Foundation
2371 NE Stephens Street
Roseburg, OR 97470
Contact Person: Carma Mornarich
Contact E-mail: email@example.com
Program Funding Areas:
- BASIC NEEDS – Food and Emergency Support
- ABUSE PREVENTION & INTERVENTION for Children and Adults
- EDUCATION – Early childhood education and parent education, Vocational education and job training, After school programs, Positive youth development, and Arts education
- HEALTH & WELLNESS
- COMMUNITY SUPPORT
Geographic Area Served by Grants:
Coos, Deschutes, Douglas, Jackson, Josephine, Lane and Klamath Counties in Oregon
Types of Support Offered:
General, Programmatic and Operating Support up to $15,000.
Do you fund general operating costs for non-profits? If so, under what conditions?
Yes, the Foundation does not want to be the sole source of support for your project or organization, and awards grants only up to $15,000. The Foundation much prefers to make smaller grants that will make a real impact on the project or for the sponsoring program.
Grants are not made to or for any of the following purposes:
- Projects of sectarian or religious organizations, or projects that benefit primarily members of religious organizations
- Projects seeking to influence elections or legislation
- Debt retirement or operational deficits
- General fund drives or annual appeals
- Organizations without a 501(C)3 tax status designation who are using another non-profit organization as a fiscal or umbrella agent
Based on the beliefs and priorities of the Cow Creek Umpqua Indian Foundation, and the reality of limited resources, the Foundation generally does not provide support for major capital projects (aside from emergency maintenance and repairs), capital equipment costs, sports programs, special events, and one-time programming. While operating funds are certainly considered, the Foundation generally does not provide funding for computers or other equipment considered basic to the costs of doing business (non-staff adaptive technology is considered).
There are two grant application deadlines a year: March 1 and September 1.
The two step process is first an LOI and then an Application, which are both submitted through the online application system on the website at www.cowcreekfoundation.org
Final grant decisions will be announced approximately 12 – 16 weeks after each deadline.
Preferred contact from potential grantees:
Phone or email
Cow Creek Umpqua Indian Foundation continues to refine its grant process. Please review the Foundation website for changes in the process prior to submitting a grant proposal.